WSN Environmental Solutions - Flooring Solution
WSN Environmental Solutions has for 30 years, provided environmentally friendly and sustainable waste management services to the Greater Sydney Area. Every day trucks roll in and out of the treatment facility plant located at Eastern Creek full of rubish and refuse. The weight of the trucks, combined with oil, corrosive fluids from the rubbish and cleaning products all took their toll on the mechanical workshop floor. Despite sound maintenance procedures, the floor was in need of repair.
WSN Environmental Solutions contacted flooring contractors, including Remedial Building Services for assistance in repairing the flooring surface and to provide a solution which would last under the conditions. As a provider of environmental solutions, a key proviso in being the succesful contractor was an ability to demonstrate sound environmental procedures and waste management programs.
As part of our submission we tendered not only a competitive price and effective solution, but demonstrated how we can undertake to repair the existing concrete flooring surface in an environmentally responsible manner, as per our ISO14001:2004 accreditation.
Once we were successfully appointed for the purposes of repairing the mechanical workshop floor, we began preparations for the application of a sound concrete epoxy coating. In summary, our work entailed:
- The removal by jack hammer of all rubbish build up on the surface including oil,lubricant, sediment and general waste.
- The capture of all surface material and disposal per environmentally sustainable practice
- Washing the surface with an alkaline detergent
- Capture of all waste water
- Preparation of entire surface
- Vacuuming, use of shrouded grinders and scarifier.
- Application of one coat of Hychem Dump surface prime.
- Application by hand trowel of Hychem E300 epoxy mortar to a thickness of 8mm .
- Final top coat sealant - Two coats of Hychem SF12 epoxy finish.